Most businesses require an online presence and websites are the best way to do that. Developing a website can be a costly affair if you hire a website development company. Or you need to spend a lot of time coding yourself.
To mitigate this problem you can use a website builder. A website builder offers you methods to develop a website without any previous knowledge of coding. In case you do have coding and design knowledge then they can be an added advantage. But in the case of a website builder, it is not a necessary requirement. A website builder has drag and drop options to add different elements in order to create a website. There are many inherent advantages and a few disadvantages of using a website builder. In this article, I am sharing 6 things that you need to know about website builders.
1. A website builder allows you to reduce the development and maintenance costs of a website by a significant margin. This allows you to utilize your money in an efficient and effective way to reap maximum benefits and better value for money.
2. Website builders take away the hassles related to learning various website coding languages such as HTML. You just choose a template to create a website that fits your requirements. It provides you the flexibility to create a website which best represents your business.
3. A website builder offers you access to a variety of high-quality web graphics that you can use without spending additional money. All of these graphics will certainly assist you in enhancing the visual appeal of your web pages and make your website more engaging and attractive to visitors.
4. Website builders often come with drag and drop functionality. This means that you don’t need to write new code every time you want to make changes to your website. You just need to perform drag and drop in order to add the required functionality to the website design, and you are good to go. It also allows you to update the content along with website images without any issues.
5. Most websites which are built using website builders use a shared server that is offered by these builders. This means that you don’t have the full control over your website and in some cases your website account can get banned in if you violate any of the terms of service that they want you to follow.
6. One should keep in mind that most of the websites created by using these builders often have slow load time since you have to share the bandwidth with other users.
If you’re wondering which website builder you should choose, you’re in luck. I personally tested the 10 top website builders and put together a list of detailed insight to help you make the best decision for your site. Continue reading about the Internet’s best website builders and their pros and cons here.
Robert Mening is web developer and designer who helps small-businesses and non-profit organizations to build better websites. If you need his opinion or help, you can reach him at Twitter (@RobMening).